Bridgeport Generation Now is a nonpartisan 501(c)3 organization. Donations are tax deductible as charitable contributions. Bridgeport Generation Now would like to thank San Bernardino Generation Now for their insight and passion that inspired our movement. For more information about their program, check them out here.
Bridgeport Anti-Racism Collective
- BARC is a multiracial, intergenerational anti-racist community dedicated to developing anti-racism awareness and leadership in Bridgeport. We have over 70 people involved committed to the collective, as individuals and representatives of community-based organizations and institutions.
- BARC is a community and container to hold people as they deepen their anti-racist analysis and commitment. We meet to discuss our anti-racist awareness, research, vision, and action as individuals, within our groups/organizations, and in society at large. Our meetings are on the first Wednesday of every month at BPT Creates, 1001 Main Street, Suite 14, Bridgeport CT from 6:00pm – 8:00pm. Our meetings are open to all who wish to be in this work.
- We define anti-racism as the practice of rejecting, resisting, undoing, interrupting and challenging bias and racist ideas, systems, and hierarchies, both internally and externally.
- A commitment to anti-racism (how we are in this work)
- Understanding anti-racism and what it means to us (what this work is)
- Our roles in anti-racism (how we act in this work)
In 2018, BARC developed our own Meeting Model and Framework for holding ourselves accountable to deepening our understanding of anti-racism, our roles in anti-racism, and our commitment to doing that work of anti-racism. Click here to read our framework in full. Click here to follow our Facebook page.